Saturday, July 14, 2007

5th Doctor's Appointment/Emergency Room Visit


On Friday/Saturday June 29th/30th I went to the Emergency Room because I was bleeding. The doctor diagnosed this incident as "threatened miscarriage" and I was to make a doctor's appointment as soon as possible along with an ultrasound. They instructed to me go on strict bed rest until I had the doctor's appointment and the ultrasound showed no signs of miscarriage.


On July 2nd I had my doctor's appointment which Josh and I heard the baby's heartbeat (which was normal) and basically went over everything with the doctor. I spent the week of the 4th laying on the couch or in bed resting.

On July 3rd I had my ultrasound which showed a very active baby. We took Cristian with us so that he could see the baby on the screen and maybe we could find out the sex of the baby. The technician could not determine whether or not it is a boy or girl so we will not know until my next ultrasound at 32 weeks or until we have the baby.

On Friday July 6th I received the results of my ultrasound which showed that everything is normal and they don't know why I had been bleeding. I was able to return to work on July 9th with work restrictions that state I can only work 4-6 hours each day. This could change when I have my next appointment on the 24th.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I am checking this blog using the phone and this appears to be kind of odd. Thought you'd wish to know. This is a great write-up nevertheless, did not mess that up.

- David