Saturday, May 5, 2007

2nd doctor's appointment

I had my last doctor's appointment on April 23rd. Everything went well and all of my tests were normal. I talked to the doctor about my morning sickness and they said that hopefully that would pass soon!

By the end of that week, I was feeling really sick. My stomach was in pain and I had to constantly "use" the bathroom. I thought I had the flu, but I was wrong. Since I couldn't keep anything I ate down and I constantly had to "use" the bathroom, I didn't work for two days. I was so incredibly hungry, but nothing would stay down so I called the doctor's office after I had an incredibly bad morning and my stomach was feeling like I had drank sour milk. I told them my symptoms and they didn't quite explain everything to me, but I ended up with a prescription to help regulate my G.I. (gastrointestinal) tract. Apparently I had another situation with the bile my liver was producing and it was creating a similar reaction that my body went through when I had my gallbladder removed.

The prescription is working great and I feel much better. I can now eat solid food (I was eating Jello and drinking fluids)!!! I will have to take the pills for about a month and then I will talk to the doctor about what will happen after that.

2 comments:

ppjjmm said...

I have a dream! My dream is for at least one person from each country to visit my blog and hopefully post. It will be recorded with a neocounter. Do you want to be part of the this great achievement?

Alissa said...

I hope you continue to feel good! Otherwise talk to them about Unisom and vitamin B6. That's what I took my whole pregnancy and without it I think I'd have become a hermit and never left my bed!