Wednesday, October 24, 2007

13th Doctor's Appointment

Yesterday, October 23rd, I had my 13th doctor's appointment. I was in and out in less than a half hour. I did my urine test which was fine and was weighed. I have only gone 8 pounds above my starting weight so I am really proud of myself.

We also listened to the heartbeat which was at about 130 beats per minute with no signs of the pause in the rhythm. I also had my abdomen measured at 36-37 centimeters which puts me right at 36 weeks where I am.

I didn't have a physical examination this time so I don't know if there has been any change in dilation of effacement. At the last appointment I had a culture done for bacteria because of all the infections I have had. I got the results from that which the doctor told me about. I have something called Group Strep B which is a bacterial infection (a type of vaginosis). When I go into labor I will have to be administered antibiotics so that I do not pass this infection on to the baby. I need to have at least two doses of this antibiotic administered 4 hours apart before I can even deliver the baby. The doctor told me that if I go into labor with only contractions I can wait a couple of hours before I go to the hospital, but if my water breaks I have to go immediately there and start the antibiotics to make sure I get at least the two doses in.

My next appointment is Tuesday October 30th. I will have a physical examination then and hopefully things will change if they don't before then. I am also considering this being my last week of work. I have been talking it over with my boss and he told me when I need to stop working I can. If I want to continue I can work whatever and whenever I want to depending on how I am feeling.

1 comment:

RheLynn said...

Congratulations and good luck with your baby!