Thursday, November 1, 2007

14th Doctor's Appointment

I had my 37th week doctor's appointment on Tuesday October 30th. Cristian and Josh both went with me. I gave another urine sample to be tested which of course came back positive for a bladder infection.

The doctor listened to the baby's heartbeat which still sounds good and normal without any pauses. He also measured my abdomen at 37 centimeters which is right with my pregnancy.

I also had an examination done to see if there had been any change since Sunday. There is still basically all of the cervix left and I am still only dilated to 1 cm. I was hoping for more because I really want to get rid of the bladder infection. He also did a test to make sure that I do not have a yeast infection along with the bladder infection which came back negative.

I also stopped working this week. I really want to rest and see if that will make a difference while I am on antibiotics. I have been really tired and feeling rundown. At the end of last week I was only working 3 hours a day because I couldn't stand without feeling lots of pressure in my hips and groin area. Contractions have really picked up and are becoming uncomfortable and more frequent. Being at work and having to do things while having contractions was not fun. My next appointment is Tuesday November 6th.

No comments: