Tuesday, November 13, 2007

16th Doctor's Appointment

I had my 16th doctor's appointment today November 13th. The doctor measured my abdomen at 39 weeks. We listened to the heartbeat and it was about 140. I also had an exam which the doctor said that maybe I was about 2 cm dilated, but there is no change in the cervix.

I will be going into the hospital on Sunday November 18th and taking a pill (cytotech?) to start thinning the cervix and induce labor. I will have to be there for about 4 or 5 hours to be observed and if labor has not picked up in that time I will go home to try and sleep before I have to go back in the morning. On Monday morning, I will be back at the hospital around 7 a.m. or 8 a.m. to see what has happened with my cervix and the doctor will decide whether or not I will start pitocin. Hopefully, I will have the baby on Monday the 19th or at the latest Tuesday the 20th. Otherwise, the doctor wants to stop labor and wait until after the holiday.

2 comments:

Alissa said...

WHAT?! STOP LABOR?! OMG...is that doc trying to torture you or what?! You better take that pill and go home and have some crazy sex to get that baby out!

Alissa said...

Congrats you guys and WELCOME Ava Grace! Love you all!