Friday, November 9, 2007

Ear infection and cold

Yesterday, November 8th, I went into the doctor's office because I was not feeling well. I woke up with an extremely bad cold. I had a sore throat, stuffy nose, chest congestion, and my left ear was feeling blocked.

The doctor tested me for strep throat which came back negative, but I did have an ear infection in my left ear. Because I had such a bad cold and this ear infection, he prescribed antibiotics. I have to take 2 pills twice each day for the next ten days. I am also on the antibiotics for the yeast infection still.

I cannot wait until I have the baby because I am sick of being sick and taking all of these antiobiotics. I will be finishing this round of pills right around my due date. I hope that this gets rid of my cold and the ear infection. Trying to sleep has been uncomfortable because I cannot breathe through my nose and the doctor told me I couldn't take any type of medicine for the nasal congestion. I can however, take Robitussin DM for coughing which hasn't been that bad except for the mornings. He thought it would be a good idea to take that in case I coughed so hard that my bag of waters broke.

No comments: