Thursday, November 29, 2007

Announcing Ava Grace Peters!!!!!!!!!!

On Monday November 19, 2007 we welcomed a new member to our family!!!! Ava Grace Peters was born at 2:30 p.m. weighing 8 lbs. 9 oz. with a length of 20 inches. She has very dark brown hair and blue eyes. She looks almost exactly like Cristian when he was born.

Josh and I went into the hospital on Sunday evening at 5 p.m. to begin the process of induction. I was administered cytotech and monitored until approximately midnight and then we were released to go home. We went back to the hospital at 7:30 Monday morning and I was administered pitocin at approximately 8:20 a.m. Labor progressed very fast and by 11:00 a.m. the contractions were very strong. I was given some pain medication at 1:00 and at 2:00 the doctor returned to break my water since I was 90% effaced and dilated 6 cm. By 2:10 or 2:15 the contractions were strong and I began to feel lots of pressure. At approximately 2:25 I began to push and Ava was born at 2:30 before the doctor had even arrived to deliver her.

Ava and I were released on Wednesday November 21st because the doctors had to run tests on her for the Group B strep since I had not received both of the doses of antibiotics during labor since it had progressed so rapidly. She weighed 8 lbs. 2 oz. when we left the hospital.

No comments: