Wednesday, November 7, 2007

15th Doctor's Appointment

Yesterday, November 6th, I had my 15th doctor's appointment. This was my week 38 check up. I finished the antibiotics I was on and they still did a urine test which determined that I do not have a bladder infection, but there was blood in the urine. Since I still have discomfort and it is not a bladder infection, the doctor put me on an antibiotic for a yeast infection for the second time. He said that the infections could be causing a little bit of bleeding or it could be from my cervix thinning out.

I did not have an exam at this appointment which I thought was strange since I am two weeks away from my due date. We did listen to the heartbeat and it was at about 150. He also measured my abdomen and it was 38 cm.

We discussed what will happen if I make it to my due date. I want to be induced no later than the 19th (my due date) because it is just days shy of Thanksgiving and I do not want to be in the hospital over the holiday. As of right now, if nothing has happened by Sunday the 18th, I will be going into the OB Dept. of the hospital and being administered a pill to begin thinning or ripening the cervix. I am going to go back home to wait and see what happens until earlier Monday morning. On that day we will be going back to the hospital for pitocin, if needed, and hopefully labor will commence. My doctor will be leaving on Wednesday the 21st for his vacation so I am hoping that everything goes well and he will be there to deliver the baby. Also, I REALLY want to be home for Thanksgiving.

I am hoping that I go into labor on my own, but the closer the 19th approaches I feel even more discouraged than the previous day. I am still having contractions so I hope that they are thinning the cervix and dilating. My ankles are starting to swell so it looks like I have sprained or broken bones in my ankles. The pressure is increasing in my hips and groin so baby is probably moving downward.

My next appointment is Tuesday November 13th. I am hoping that progress will be made by then. I may end up going in before then because I am coming down with a nasty cold similar to the one I had when I was pregnant with Cristian and I really don't want to have to take antibiotics for that too. Also if the swelling does not go down in my ankles I may have to call the doctor's office and let them know that this is happening.

No comments: